Monday, July 6, 2015

What is this?

This is a blog series dedicated to the humanization of formerly incarcerated individuals.

As an intern for the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, I have been so privileged to work alongside some wonderful people who just so happen to be formerly system involved. During this time, I've gotten to know them. This blog series was born out of a desire for you to know them too.

If all goes as planned, each blog post will feature a different person's story about their life after prison. There will be humor, sadness, obscenity, joy, regret, faith, and more- as is the human experience. Most of all, there will be truth. Unfiltered and unveiled, I hope to provide you with an intimate glance at a population of people too often forgotten.

These are their stories.

*queue the Law and Order theme music

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS BLOG! This is exactly what we need to see/hear about. People that have made mistakes and been incarcerated are actually humans. I really love what these two had to say. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for reading and for your words of encouragement! I have some really amazing people lined up to share their stories as well, but I am in my 3rd year of law school right now and have been too busy to get them posted. Thank you again and I promise the best is yet to come for this series!

      Delete